Medfield State Hospital

 Thursday October 8th, I took a ride down to Medfield, MA to check out the old state hospital grounds. I have always been interested in abandoned mental health / insane asylums. I find the photos and stories fascinating. Weird ? Maybe. Cool ? Definitely.  
It took me about an hour and 45 minutes to get there.

I found it easy enough. When I got there I parked my car right outside the front gate, expecting to be confronted by a security guard, but nope. All was clear. The grounds are open from dawn until dusk every day. I got there about 10:00am and it was a beautiful Fall day in New England, warm with a bit of a breeze.


 As you would expect, all of the buildings (20+) were boarded up. I just started walking the small streets and paths, snapping photos. It was so peaceful, just me and my camera. There was an occasional ruffling of the leaves, and a squirrel would come running by. Within the months of planning to come down here, I kept trying to find someone as interested in this type of thing, to go with me, which kept pushing my trip off. I had finally decided to go myself. Maybe this was the way it was supposed to be because I had a perfect day. 


Please contact me if you would like to visit other similar places (open to the public or not) because I would LOVE to somehow, someway, get into one of these buildings to photograph. I hope you enjoy the photos.
This is one of my favorite photos. Beautifully eerie. 
 This was the only item I saw that possibly was hanging on a wall inside.
Strangely, it had a broken frame, and was sitting beneath a stairwell.
"Good Luck, For Sale" ~ "For Sale, See Ya"
This was my first trip to an abandoned hospital, and hopefully not my last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Ronnie

I am just a girl from northern Massachusetts who loves spending time with my cats, reading, doing crafts and spreading happiness wherever I can. I am a CphT, and a MA Notary Public.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer for grinogirlvp.blogspot.com
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site's disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at Ronnie.

All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. grinogirlvp.blogspot.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (grinogirlvp.blogspot.com), is strictly at your own risk. grinogirlvp.blogspot.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their "Terms of Service" before engaging in any business or uploading any information.

Consent
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.

Update
This site disclaimer was last updated on: Sunday, October 25th, 2015· Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.