UPDATED: Don't like it anymore ? Sell it !!


Hey everyone, how are you doing ? I feel like It's been a little while since my last post, I am really going to try and get on a regular posting schedule. Today, I want to talk to you about throwing your money away, because I'm pretty sure you do it. We all do. Or did. :) Do you own a smartphone ? What about a printer ? Well then, I am going to share a few great places I use to sell clothing, jewelry, and household items I don't want or need anymore. One of my favorite challenges is to sell off some items I don't use anymore to buy something I really love !!



First, I'm going to start with Poshmark, because I am loving this app at the moment. It is mainly for new and pre-loved womens clothing, accessories and makeup. They have recently added a mens clothing category, and a childrens clothing category. They do not allow household goods. What I really love about Poshmark, is that you are able to "follow" other closets, and "share" their items. Most people will share back. The more shares, the more your chance of selling your item is. You are also able to "renew" your listing, by editing it. This is what makes Poshmark my favorite right now. They do take a small percentage of your sale. If your item sells for $15 or under, they take a flat $2.95. If you sell for over $15, they take 20%. It isn't too bad. I feel like Poshmark is the new eBay.



Next up is Mercari. This app is awesome in the fact that you can list just about anything, and it's free to list. My only issue with Mercari is, once you list it, there is no way to "refresh" your ad, in general. When you do update, the only people notified are the ones who "liked" your item when you first posted it. Aside from this one issue, it's still a great app. You will find a lot of people use both apps to sell things. Both of these apps, you use your phone to take the photos, and create the listing. When something sells, you get notified to print out the shipping label.

Feel free to check out my profile on both sites under the username "grinogirl".


 Craigslist is your local buy / sell giant. Although there is a CL app, for bigger, non ship-able items I sell I will usually get on my laptop to create an ad. I think you all know about CL and the types of people you encounter when trying to buy or sell there. Just remember to always bring someone when your doing a transaction. If possible, an in-between public place is what I always recommend.  Check out Craigslist right here: Craigslist.


And one NOT to try. Listia. Don't even go there, trust me, you will thank me later. Listia advertises itself as a site where you can list your old stuff you don't use anymore for credits, to buy something you do want, with credits. There is no mention of if you try to sell for more than 499 credits, it will cost you credits. It was fairly new a few years ago so I figured, what the hell, if something doesn't sell on eBay I will list it here. When I first started, I had my eye on a Dyson handheld vacuum that was around 500,000 credits. So I sold, sold, and sold. All the while, I was paying for shipping, because most items will only sell if you list free shipping. By the time I had enough credits, the Dyson was gone from their Rewards Store, and reward items more than doubled in points !! Talk about pissing someone off. I was so upset with this, I kept searching for something I wanted, that I had enough credits for, just to be done with them. This took awhile. Finally, last month, I gave in and purchased credits so I could buy a brand new towel set for my bathroom
( Lol, right ?! )
Ok good, I'm almost done with this awful website, I bought a towel set for 700,000 credits. A few weeks went by and I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting for it to be delivered. Finally checked back into the site, and because I had an emergency situation at home, I didn't log back in to confirm my address in the required time frame, they took my 700,000 credits and never sent me the towels !!! Absolutely insane. I would never recommend this site for anyone, buyer or sellers. It's 100% frustration and a huge hassle. Just don't.

Thanks for reading, and happy selling and/or treasure hunting !! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Ronnie

I am just a girl from northern Massachusetts who loves spending time with my cats, reading, doing crafts and spreading happiness wherever I can. I am a CphT, and a MA Notary Public.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer for grinogirlvp.blogspot.com
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site's disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at Ronnie.

All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. grinogirlvp.blogspot.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (grinogirlvp.blogspot.com), is strictly at your own risk. grinogirlvp.blogspot.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their "Terms of Service" before engaging in any business or uploading any information.

Consent
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.

Update
This site disclaimer was last updated on: Sunday, October 25th, 2015· Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.